Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tattoos on beaches & water parks 2014/1/17 23:21
Hi everybody,

I'm planning a trip to Japan in summer with two friends. One of them, a girl, has some tattoos.

I wonder especially for beaches in Okinawa (btw. any recommendations on which beach we shouldn't miss there?) and possibly some water parks like Nagashima Spa Land?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Stefan
by Stefan90  

Re: Tattoos on beaches & water parks 2014/1/18 12:25
At Nagashima Spa Land, on their website they say noone with tattoos will be allowed entry into the "Yuami no Shima" and "Jumbo Kaisui (sea water) Pool."

It was mentioned on their Japanese pages, as well as on the "Yuami no Shima" guide (downloadable from the site).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos on beaches & water parks 2014/1/18 20:43
What part of Okinawa are you going to? Especially in islands like Miyako, there are tiny beaches here and there where you'd hardly see anyone else in the first place (including life-guards). So at those places, you shouldn't have a problem about tattoos.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos on beaches & water parks 2014/1/19 19:22
It won't be an issue on beaches in Okinawa, I wouldn't worry about looking for small beaches on particular islands.

As above though most water parks have some kind of restriction.
by RUser (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos on beaches & water parks 2014/1/20 01:02
If the tatoo isn't enormous, your friend might just be able to cover it up temporarily with a sticking plaster?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread