Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eating Wagyu at Japanese restaurant 2014/1/18 07:08
Hi all,

I was in Japan in 2013. I have a question about Japanese restaurant. When we were eating Wagyu beef (there were two of us), we order the same style (shabu shabu). We plan on visiting again this year (with 4 people). Is it okay to order two different styles (such as 2 people have shabu shabu and 2 people having sukiyaki style)? Is that normal in Japan?

by Newbie2013 (guest)  

Re: Eating Wagyu at Japanese restaurant 2014/1/18 12:59
No problem. You can order anything you want.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating Wagyu at Japanese restaurant 2014/1/18 21:45
I guess it depends. You should ask them before you order. In some cases, they don't take two separate orders at one table due to the limited space or the number of the cooking range on your table, etc. It shouldn't be a big problem though.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating Wagyu at Japanese restaurant 2014/1/19 01:59
Thank you for your reply. We wanted to try something different. And my concern is as you said, the table seems small for two different types.
by Newbie2013 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating Wagyu at Japanese restaurant 2014/1/20 15:20
Is it okay to order two different styles (such as 2 people have shabu shabu and 2 people having sukiyaki style)? Is that normal in Japan?

It also depends on the restaurant, especially if it is not a specialty restaurant. Sometimes things like shabu shabu have a minimum number of diners required to order. Any restrictions will be stated in the menu, but otherwise it shouldn't be a problem to order separate dishes.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread