Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Filing income tax 2014/1/27 15:20
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian who moved to Tokyo in April 2013 to begin work from May.
I worked for the same employer from May to July, then again from September to December. My contract was only valid during those months that I was working for them. After that, I changed an employer and have been working there since. I was just wondering if I would have to file the taxes myself? Thanks a lot!
by bibibo (guest)  

Re: Filing income tax 2014/1/27 16:43
While your current and/or former employer (already) deducted your income tax from your wages, you don't need to fill a tax return form. If your wages are not deducted tax then you need to fill income tax form and pay your tax by March 17.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Filing income tax 2014/1/27 17:46
It is well worth you filing to make sure it's all correct and you get the certificate to prove it.
If you've had multiple employers and not been working a full year, unless the tax office is on top of it's game, it's likely that your employers with have held too much tax, so you might get a refund.
by Mr Shippy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread