Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 00:35
My girlfriend is going to live with me in The Netherlands after an LDR of almost five years in April. Being a Japanese she ofcourse cannot live without a washlet. So we're thinking about importing a Toto washlet cover from Japan. I just wonder if such a toilet seat cover will fit on a European toilet? Does anyone have experience installing a Toto washlet on a European toilet?
by Dutchman (guest)  

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 11:55
Can't answer your question, but make sure you don't buy an Inax toilet seat. They have a built-in timer that disables some of the functions after 10 years and requires that you pay for official "repairs" just to reset it. Beware!

See here:
http://imp.webike.net/commu/diary/0082842/
by Toto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 14:28
Geberit, a European company, has had toilet/bidet for years. Might be more practical than importing a Japanese one, especially as Europe uses 220-240 volts, while Japan uses 110 V.

http://www.geberit-aquaclean.com/en_uk/produkte/geberit_aquaclean_8000...

Geberit has suppliers in many countries on continental Europe
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 15:32
Recently on TV I watched a program about TOTO people starting their business in Italy.
It's better to contact TOTO people in Europe.
There must be several offices in Europe.
by y.g. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 17:53
@ Red Frog,

I've been looking at Geberit's products. But they are pretty darn expensive. The only affordable ones (roughly 500 euro) have very limited functions. I was also worried about the voltage but perhaps a voltage converter exists?

@ y.g.

Actually, Toto also sells products in the Netherlands, just no washlets as far as I know.
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/28 23:34
See this site:

gb.toto.com
by y.g. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/29 03:25
Buy a stepdown converter (roughly 10, 000 yen)
Hire a good plummer as they require know-how to install.
Dont buy toto as they have a 10 year life span.

I had a washlet in my last apartment. Can't say I used it all that much. Main benefit was the heated seat and we can get them in Europe anyway.
by robert (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Importing a Toto washlet to Europe 2014/1/29 10:06
I don't want to offend male sensibilities, but men can and should use a washlet, especially when one does #2 after being showered and dressed.
One of the first thing my dad did when we moved to another home---we lived in Europe--is to have a bidet (no washlet then..) installed if there wasn't one.
He even had one in his private bathroom by his office..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread