Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/2/9 03:14
Hi everyone
I don't intend to spam anyone, but I am working on a blog/website called www.vegetariantokyo.com - it is early days at the moment but I hope it will grow into a definitive guide for vegetarians living in or visiting Tokyo. It is mostly restaurant info at the moment, but also has advice on buying food, interviews with restaurant owners etc (use the links bar on the right hand side).
I would be really grateful if people could let me know what kind of thing you would like to see on my site. And if it helps anyone at all I would be very happy!!

thanks
by Vegetarian Tokyo  

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/2/15 03:17
The famous vegetable restaurantes are ‰·–ìØ(ONYASAI).
The restaurantes provide vegitable chowders.
There are a lot in Tokyo.

by Qutz rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/1 19:02
Thank you! I will check it out!
by Vegetarian Tokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/21 04:17
randomly stumbled upon this, might be of interest to you.

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/feature/232

cheers
by steph (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/22 03:07
It would be great to have an up to date blog for vegetarians in Tokyo. It can be tough!

I ate at Deva Deva last year when I was in town, it was definitely tasty!
by Higgz rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/25 17:01
On a Japaneats.tv-podcast that I listed to lately they referred to Eat More Greens ( http://www.eatmoregreens.jp/ )

maybe I will visit it next month ...

( I also was a bit disappointed that the website of the initial poster is already gone ... or at least it points to a non-exisiting tumblr-page ... )
by Raute rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/26 14:48
Hi, thanks for all your suggestions, I have just taken the site down temporarily while I transfer it to a new (better) website - it should be launched in the next 48 hours, I will let you know when it's ready
Thanks!!
by Vegetarian Tokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/27 09:57
I would like to know the options in tokyo and osaka as my family of 3, all vegetarians, will be visiting in June. Any help is much appreciated.
by Radha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/28 16:46
Same here, I'll be visiting Japan in may, so any help on where to eat would be great. When I was in japan in 2008, I ate at a vegetarian restaurant wich was quite good actually. But I can't remember where it's located.
by Pheren (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/29 07:21
Finished! Please take a look and let me know what you think - www.vegetariantokyo.com
I'm going to keep updating with new restaurants etc etc, but let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like to see
Thanks!!

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/29 08:23
Just out of curiosity, have you been to these restaurants? I was at Mominoki House once and the food was quite horrible.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/29 15:06
Hi, I've only been to a couple unfortunately, but it was the difficulty I had that encouraged me to start the site. You may have just had a bad experience, mominoki house was rated 4.25 out of 5 on happy cow and 4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor, so perhaps it has improved since your visit? I'm always on the lookout for comments and suggestions though, so if there are any veggie places you prefer please let me know

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/29 15:35
Mominoki House's high ratings really tell me all I need to know about the reliability of both Happy Cow and TripAdvisor as sources of Tokyo restaurant recommendations.

(Friends of mine have also had the unfortunate experience of dining there, so it wasn't just that one time.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Vegetarian Tokyo 2014/3/29 16:24
Its a shame that you and your friends didn't enjoy your experience there, but if I haven't been myself I can only go on the reviews of others. I hope to get back to Tokyo this year, I will make sure I visit. I appreciate your feedback, so I will run a little twitter campaign to get other people's thoughts. My site is supposed to recommend good restaurants, I would not intend to include anywhere that people would not enjoy.
But I do hope the site is of use to yourself and others, I have tried to create the website I would have liked before my previous visits to Tokyo. Any constructive criticism is always welcome (but don't be too harsh, I spent ages on it!)
Thanks

reply to this thread