Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Toaster for use in US 2014/2/12 10:11
Hi!

I recently bought a toaster in Japan and have brought it to the US. I'm hoping to use it here but am at a loss for what kind of transformer I'll need. The toaster is 100V - 15A (which, if my ohm's law is serving me, brings the wattage to 1500W). The issue I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how large the transformer I'll need should be. I'd appreciate any help, or links to products. Thanks!

S
by ssrothko (guest)  

Re: Japan Toaster for use in US 2014/2/12 10:26
You'll need a 120 to 100 volt step down transformer rated for 1500 watts. Unfortunately those tend to be bigger and more expensive than the toaster itself. Maybe better to just replace it completely or use it as is until it burns out (assuming it is a simple toaster and not something with more advance electronics inside).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Toaster for use in US 2014/2/13 00:31
More affordable to replace the toaster in the US.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Toaster for use in US 2014/2/13 00:50
My Panasonic oven/toaster I brought from Japan is still operating over 20 years w/o a transformer. Just plug it in. The proper transformer would cost you over $150 in US, if bought.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread