Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/25 11:41
Does anyone know of any B-Gourmet food sites, blogs, maps, magazines, etc?
I'm particularly looking for Tokyo specific ones but will be travelling west, so nation wide ones are fine too.
by halfnhalf  

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/25 20:01
search google for B kyu gurume or B‹‰ƒOƒ‹ƒ
by ‚—‚— (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/25 20:07
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/26 07:40
Geez, ask a simple question and get slammed for it. Yes, i've been to Japan many times and lived there a number of times too but I don't presume to know it all.
I had already found a few but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the community who may have found some that I didn't know about or possibly be authoring some themselves.
Thanks for the links btw.
by halfnhalf rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/26 22:13
I can read a fair amount of Japanese myself, but for some reason I find it difficult (or at least imposing) to search for information in Japanese. Partly it's not knowing exactly how to present the search terms, partly it's the minor nuisance of using the Microsoft IME, and partly it's just that I'm not used to the whole process. It's completely understandable that you would ask for tips.

One thing that I have found useful if I don't feel like tackling 100% Japanese search is to enter some terms in English in Google Advanced Search and then specify that I want results in Japanese (using Narrow Results by Language). This will often quickly lead you to some very good sites. I also use Wikipedia a lot to obtain the Kanji for place names I want to use as search terms that I then copy and paste them into Google for searching. Wikipedia works well for finding the kanji for Japanese train station names, too.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/27 00:12
Nice tips!
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/27 05:47
I hope my reply didn't sound rude; I was only trying to suggest the proper search terms.

Here's one more trick I found, when searching for japanese words or using kanji, you get more and better results using google.co.jp rather than google.com.
by ‚—‚— (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/27 06:58
Thanks Uma and ww, very handy tips that i'll be sure to try out!
My response was more in response to ajapaneseboy's reply but it's very hard to read the emotion behind typed words and his post could've been quite sincere.
Anyway, happy to move on. I'm still a way off from heading back to Japan (September). But I will be sure to report back on some of the B Gourmet places that I try out!
by halfnhalf rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/27 07:07
Good tip from ww. Besides working better when you enter search terms in Japanese, google.co.jp seems to do pretty well with English language search terms, maybe better than google.com at bringing up Japanese language web sites. I'll have to play around with that some more. Ultimately it's more productive to use Japanese search terms of course, but coming up with the right ones is not always easy for those of us who are still learning Japanese. So it is not at all rude to suggest search expressions for someone who is looking for information. Even people who don't read Japanese at all they might be able to get a little information from the process.

Anyway, good luck with the B Gourmet quest.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B-Gourmet food sites 2014/2/27 14:12
Off topic. To halfnhalf.
I'm so sorry, I must apologize for my post if it sounds rude. I didn't mean to hurt you though.
I sent an apologetic message.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread