Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work related to meteorology in Japan 2014/2/26 06:47
Hello, I'm 25 and I'm studyin meteorology in the college and I'm about to get the degree. I went to an industrial high school finishing it as a Electromechanical Technician.
I've been Studying Japanese for more than 2 years, I got the N5 and also the TOEFL.

In 2015 I'm thinking on going to Japan as a tourist, and maybe in a few years, go with the idea of working.

It's a hard to find information about that speciality so I'm wondering if anyone knows how it's going on this.

If you need more info tell me please.

---------
+I've been working 5 years in the goverment as a technician.
+My degree, also called bachelor's degree, seems to be the "Associate's Degree" in other countries, what I know, is that its 40%~ of the licentiate/Master.
by AEndrii  

Re: Work related to meteorology in Japan 2014/2/27 01:45
My gut feeling is that there are enough basic meteorologist in Japan that are Japanese nationals and native speakers, so there would not be need for foreign meteorologist.

I would guess that your best bet for working in meteorology field in Japan would be study more until you would get a doctor's degree. Then you might be able to lecture about meteorology in some university, if you are very good in your specialty. Or maybe do some research.

by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

Re: Work related to meteorology in Japan 2014/2/27 04:10
You are correct, there is more oportunities in the IT field.
Thanks for the advice!
by AEndrii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread