Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserving a table for one 2014/3/7 01:04
When I go to Japan I will be traveling solo. I often read that when visiting a restaurant it is best to reserve a table ahead of time. Since I am single, will this be necessary or are there counters in most restaurants that single people can be sat at?
by Friendlybill  

Re: Reserving a table for one 2014/3/7 08:10
I often read that when visiting a restaurant it is best to reserve a table ahead of time.

That only applies to a small number of famous, popular restaurants. In the large majority of regular restaurants, reservations are not necessary.

Many izakaya have counters for single travelers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a table for one 2014/3/7 17:02
you'll have no problem finding seating for yourself at most restaurants, but that sounds like a lonely trip man.

why not use the classifieds / friend finder on this site to find some people to hang out with on your trip ? might be more enjoyable.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a table for one 2014/3/8 03:27
In some fairly poular places -not fancy restaurants- when the place is full, you can reserve a spot at the entrance and then wait a few minutes until theres a free berth, the good thing is you dont need to call before or anything, just go there and write your name on the board and wait.
by MaU (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a table for one 2014/3/9 03:53
Thanks for the replies.

@winterwolf: I'm a lone wolf myself, I tend to travel this world solo. Awooo. :)
by Friendlybill rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a table for one 2014/3/24 05:18
Japan is the best place to travel by yourself, I know it firsthand since traveling there 4 years ago for 6 weeks. You will love it! Enjoy!
by Maria (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread