Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

SIM for calls only 2014/3/10 03:41
Hi everybody,
I'm going to Japan next week for 14 nights. My hotel covered with wifi; fair enough for me.

Just need Voice-Only sim for my unlocked iPhone 5S to be in touch with my family at home. I do appreciate your advice in below 2 questions:

1. Where is best place / Co. I can rent economic sim? (expected to call my family approx. 5min./day).

2. Do you think I can easily get nano sim (for my iPhone 5s) or better I take old phone with micro or normal sim?

thanks a lot
by Yassor  

Re: SIM for calls only 2014/3/10 12:27
I would use Skype while in the hotel room. Or will you need to call them at other times of the day?
by kk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SIM for calls only 2014/3/10 17:33
Just need Voice-Only sim for my unlocked iPhone 5S to be in touch with my family at home.

If its for regular calls just to check in then I would also recommend using skype or other voip service for your calls as it will be far cheaper than international calls via rental or prepaid sim.

But if you do need to be in contact while on the road then I would recommend getting either a softbank prepaid or rental sim to cover your calling.

http://www.softbank-rental.jp/e/rental-plan.php

2. Do you think I can easily get nano sim (for my iPhone 5s) or better I take old phone with micro or normal sim?

Yes, you can easily find nano sim rentals, however you may have more selection if you also look for normal sims. Check here for some of the services available at Narita:

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_19.html#t1
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: SIM for calls only 2014/3/11 00:50
Thank you very much for your advice
by Yassor rate this post as useful

Re: SIM for calls only 2014/3/11 01:35
save yourself some money if you can but i agress with others. use the wifi at at your hotel

i use softbank while in Japan they are good, but i would try to go with something more prepaid if your not a heavy phone user/web user without video and music listening
by SeikoSKO rate this post as useful

reply to this thread