Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ID for clubbing in Tokyo 2014/3/19 02:25
is it ok to use a drivers license for ID when trying to get into a club ? im from the UK ill be visiting Tokyo for 3 weeks. i heard its super strict in terms of drinking.

Also does the age restriction apply to host clubs and karaoke bars too?
by AnNoBaby  

Re: ID for clubbing in Tokyo 2014/3/19 13:05
Since you're required by law to carry your passport with you, I'd suggest that you use that instead.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: ID for clubbing in Tokyo 2014/3/19 19:08
It probably would be better to use your passport as ID. I know very little about host clubs, but I checked a website for one in Kabukicho, and it said you need to be over 20, which makes sense as they serve alcohol, and they would probably get into lots of trouble with people's parents and the police if they let underage people in.

For karaoke bars, if you mean a proper bar that also has Karaoke, you will need to be 20 or over like any other bar. If you're using it as a general term for anywhere that has Karaoke like you can outside Japan, then people under 20 can go to karaoke boxes like ban ban or karaoke kan until around 10pm depending on the place.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread