Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How does a foreigner sign-up for Amazon Japan 2014/3/21 07:26
I'll be visiting Japan soon and will obviously be staying in a hotel. I would firstly like to know if hotels accept packages for customers? Secondly how would one go about filling the address box at Amazon Japan (do you use c/o ? ) Thanks.
by Max (guest)  

Re: How does a foreigner sign-up for Amazon Japan 2014/3/21 09:44
I would firstly like to know if hotels accept packages for customers?

Many do. You should contact your hotel directly to find out and to let them know to expect a package for you.

Secondly how would one go about filling the address box at Amazon Japan (do you use c/o ? )

There is space for a company name when filling out the address. You can put the hotel's name there.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How does a foreigner sign-up for Amazon Japan 2014/3/21 20:17
Of course check with your hotel but Amazon JP is happy to send to hotels- I love it- I can adventure in the day and shop in my PJs at night- maximises my Japan time!
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does a foreigner sign-up for Amazon Japan 2014/3/22 05:37
Thanks again! I'm interested in purchasing for example Kyocera ceramic knives: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=%E4%BA%AC%E3%82%BB%E3... . Is Amazon Japan the cheapest option to purchase them (compared to a Don Quixote?)
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does a foreigner sign-up for Amazon Japan 2014/3/22 06:27
If your hotel will not accept packages, you can also ship to a nearby convenience store (it's also often cheaper, but is not possible for some items).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread