Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/3/28 14:32
Since Uniqlo and Muji are both Japanese brands/company does it mean that it is actually cheaper (or better) to shop here than say Uniqlo in other countries including my home country Philippines?

Thank you all. :-)
by siriusdan  

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/3/28 19:11
I don't know but you can check the price here.
http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/3/28 20:12
thanks very much :-)
by siriusdan rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/3/29 14:47
yes it is cheaper vs PH. Our Japanese hosts said the quality is better also. Despite tags in both countries saying "made in china" factory source can be different.
Assortment wise, it depends on which outlet you go to as Uniqlo is all over, with both small and large outlets. I think Ginza has the largest one.
Do check out the local labels as there's more to Japanese high street fashion than Uniqlo ;) You will be surprised at how much cheaper clothes are in Japan vs PH.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/3/29 14:53
Thanks Lalaine! I hope it's the same way for Muji! Yes Im planning on checking out the local shops as well. I'm a fan of Japanese denims so I might bring home a few pairs!

:-)
by siriusdan rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2014/4/2 16:57
Yup, Uniqlo is cheaper in Japan. I went to the huge Ginza branch and saw some designs that I didn't get to see in Manila.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2015/4/16 15:34
Yes. compare to the sales price in Taiwan.
by asako751 rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2015/4/16 19:39
I was also told it's cheaper to buy from Japan oppose to Hong Kong, and the quality is also better.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2015/4/17 00:35
Muji shops in the UK actually have the price in Japanese Yen printed on the barcodes of the products, so it's easy to see that here they're charging roughly double!
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2015/4/17 01:43
It's much cheaper from what I see in Australia, Singapore and Malaysia as well. I saw the Tokyo Station branch selling their heat tech clothing for a mere 600 yen early this year. That's like a price of a bento box.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Muji 2015/4/17 17:19
Here's Muji, just for reference.
http://www.muji.com/jp/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2015/4/21 09:44
We found Uniqlo to be a bit cheaper in Japan than Australia this month, but it is exchange rate dependent. Some items are almost parity now, but certainly not MORE expensive.
Being a taller Aussie I found the length of some ladies items to be significantly less in Japan eg Camisoles etc were about 5 cms shorter, and we found the mens items to be smaller eg normally able to buy a Large Tshirt in Australia , needed XLarge in Japan.
And agreed, there were some designs, colours etc I had not seen in Australia (and I am a dedicated Uniqlo shopper!)
So, try everything on, and do the exchange rate comparison.
Either way, we had wonderful fun shopping in Uniqlo on a very wet Osaka day!!!!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2016/7/28 09:54
Uniqlo and Muji are definitely cheaper in Japan. Heck, you can even find Muji in Family Marts. Funny how they market Muji in the Philippines as a high end brand when in Japan, high quality is not a luxury. I say stock up from there if you can.

As for Uniqlo, quality is the same all over the world, i have a shirt from Japan and compared it here in Manila with the same design and they're the same, but of course cheaper, especially when on sale.
by Dandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Uniqlo cheaper in Japan 2016/8/19 06:53
hi

yes, in new york city we are lucky to have uncle & mug, however theres a difference in price...this time, when i get to japan, i plan to be in Kobe and i will look and see if materials are sturdier and all in all quality is different..
i luv both stores and will always enjoy th ones in japan...

the one in paris is lovely, also the smaller one is cool...yet, i honestly prefer the one in tokyo...hope it will be same when i get to Kobe...
lg
by lg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread