Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/28 18:00
This'll mark what I believe to be my 8th trip to the land of the rising sun and I'm keen to see some music this time around.

I've done Fuji Rock and I'm doing it again, done Summer Sonic and I may do it again and I did Countdown 12/13.

But after seeing Rock in Japan's line-up last year I feel it's something I gotta do.

So my question, how do I go about doing it?

I speak very basic Japanese and read even less so the website is quite a barrier. I'll assume i'll need to use a proxy service to buy tickets? But are they easy to redeem on site and is accessing the site difficult at all? Do many foreigners attend?

A flood of question and I do apologise.
So to anyone who has been before or is in the know, some assistance would be fantastic

Cheers
by Balsnac (guest)  

Re: Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/29 15:14
I went there last year 2 of the 3 days, and I saw (believe me!) zero (yeah 0) westeners (I wouldn't say foreigners because maybe there were taiwanese or korean people I can't recognise them unless they speak).

I bought the tickets at a reselling store in Shibuya, one week before the concert at almost double price for each one.
I got a LOT of stares, because as I told you, I was one of the -few??- gaijin or at least non east-asian (but that didn't bother me), after all it was the first music festival I attend in my whole life (not just in Japan), and the music was great.
If you go this year enjoy the music and prepare to spend a lot of money.
by MaUro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/29 15:20
The lack of westerners kinda excites me. I really wanna go.

I guess if I save money shouldn't be an issue. Did you find getting there and moving around the site difficult at all?

Thanks for the reply. I've looked everywhere online and I be found next to no information about attending internationally. Knowing someone made it and had a good time is a relief.
by Balsnac (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/29 20:38
Tickets do to accept the second time from 12:00 April 9.
(Up to 23:59 on the 15th)
It is determined whether or not buy a lottery.
1day Ticket(1日入場券、ichinichi-nyujou-ken) \ 12,000 8/2, 3, 9, 10
2days Ticket(2日入場券、futsuka-nyujou-ken) \ 22,500 8/2, 3,8 / 9.10
4days Ticket(4日入場券、yokka-nyujou-ken) \ 41,000
1day ticket (parking ticket with,駐車券付き、tyusyaken-tsuki) 13,500 yen
2days ticket (parking ticket with) 25,500 yen
4days ticket (with parking) 47,000 yen
Consumption tax included.
The registering alone is up to four in all bill types.
I look from the green button in the middle of this place per lottery results.
15:00 to 22 23:59 April 18
But now, if you see here, it seem to do you need to be settled in a convenience store at that time.
It seems to mail before the concert ticket.
Then, if you do not pay the money in the country, and buy the normal route is seems difficult.
You can not buy, but please try to ask friend buy in Japan.
Alternatively, you can try to check whether the travel agency of Japanese in your country, or on behalf of you , such as credit company How about.
When I was trying to go to Denver in the United States, to know that Sting is just come, it will surely want to see, we have booked a ticket from Japan.
It probably did not see the Oriental also at that time, and do not know had people who came from abroad but was able to enjoy.
Maybe, I think I buy the ticket if you want to see anyway.
By all means, please enjoy.
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/29 22:29
concert ticket japan agency
If I search for this keyword, the agent came out multiple.
Perhaps, you might buy a ticket here.
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer Music Festivals in Japan 2014/3/30 04:07
About moving there, is not difficult at all even if you speak no nihongo at all (like myself). Just be sure to arrive at the right station Katsuta Station -if you go there in the morning just follow the fans with the t-shirts, most people inside the train were going to the concert. Outside the station, follow the queue, which is waiting for the buses to the Hitachi Park, then near the buses buy the tickets get in the bus and voila, in 15 min (I can't remember how long does it takes). When you arrive at the Park they take your ticket (the whole ticket, I couldn't keep it as a souvenir), and they gave you a mini guide (with the timetable and a map of the stages)and a wristband that you SHOULD show every time you get inside the main stage (GRASS Stage). Inside the Park you have many places to buy food and drinks.

Now the most difficult part is to get to the last train to Tokyo if you stay until the end of the concert, because there's a long queue to the buses going to the station, last year in my first day I stayed until the end (Bump of Chicken), and arrived at Ueno Station around 24.30 -taking two local trains from Katsuta Station- and they were the last trains to Tokyo that night (You also can take a cab, but for me it was too much money because I already had to buy the tickets at a high price). And remember to use hyperdia to see the train schedules before going there.
by MaUro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread