Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Voltage transformer (UK 250v to Japan 100v) 2014/4/5 22:16
Hi guys !

I bought a hair dryer on Amazon (even though it was Amazon US I realized when I received it that the voltage was 250v and not 110v).

So I need to buy a 1500w 250v Voltage Transformer.

I could buy it online but since it's pretty heavy, it would cost me at least 50 $ of shipping and 20 $ of importation fee.

Do any of you either knows where I could buy one (probably in Akihabara ??) or has one to sell ?

I went to Yamada Denki today, they didn't have any.

Thanks a LOT!
by Terrie (guest)  

Re: Voltage transformer (UK 250v to Japan 100v) 2014/4/6 03:25
I have a few but I am in US.
You can buy a transformer in Akihabara but still it is cheaper to buy a hair dryer in Japan. Also, depending on the hertz rating(50 or 60 Hz), it may run at a different speed even you have the right transformer.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Voltage transformer (UK 250v to Japan 100v) 2014/4/8 10:38
Have you looked on kakaku or amazon.jp? But as Amazinga mentioned, you may be better off putting the money toward a Japanese model hair dryer instead.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Voltage transformer (UK 250v to Japan 100v) 2014/4/10 07:50
If you really want to spend that much money on a transformer (rather than 1/4 the price on a Japanese hair dryer), go to Akihabara, just out of the Electric Town exit, and under the train tracks (the ones running east/west). There are at least two stores under there that sell step up & step down transformers. Make sure you get the right step!!!! (maybe take the hair dryer and show them)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Voltage transformer (UK 250v to Japan 100v) 2014/4/10 11:25
Thanks guys.

Yeah well this hair dryer I bought is a reeeevolutionary one (rotating brush and hair dryer) and it was very expensive and can't return it anymore.

I actually went to Akihabara and found the place under the train tracks last week, thanks !
by Terrie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread