Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/6 10:51
What is currently the cheapest Android smartphone? I would prefer unlimited data but don't need it.

I heard that there are many deals around April for new University students. For example, Softbank had a deal for the iPhone 5s for 3000 yen a month in March (usually 7000 yen per month).
by iui2u9v (guest)  

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/6 21:50
called gakusei waribiki 学生割引
by ddd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/8 07:19
Ion nexus4 is 2,980 YEN(include a smart phone) per month with 24 months contract, unlimited data usage with 3G 200kbps(unable to watch Youtube).
http://www.aeonretail.jp/campaign/newcom/

Only available 8,000 lines(phones). It's on sale from 4th April at Ion supermarket, it's already been sold out 30% of it stock.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/9 11:15
Thank you Tokyo Friend. That is a good deal and I would have bought it, but they only accept credit card and I only have a bank account.
by iui2u9v (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/9 12:29
It might be possible to use a Visa debit card from Suruga bank, Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ bank, Risona bank etc for the payment. You can have a visa debit card if you are 16+ age. But I've never used a visa debit card for the payment so not quite sure. Docomo, Softbank and au don't accept a visa debit card payment.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/9 23:02
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I do not use any of those banks.

I will probably get the Nexus 5 for 41,000 yen (2500 yen per month for 5gb data).

Re: Smartphone - cheapest? (Android) 2014/4/9 23:35
^ unless if there is something cheaper that can be purchased with a bank account.

reply to this thread