Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping to combini? 2014/4/11 12:57
Hi everyone. I read online (and I couldn't find anything else through searching) that it is possible to ship Rakuten packages to a combini (like 7-11). Is this true?

I have something I'd like to order from Rakuten, but the seller won't ship internationally and I'd rather than use the Rakuten forwarding service. I have a few hours at Narita airport in a few weeks. I'd love to ship the product to a combini in Narita and just pop over to pick it up.

If shipping to a combini is not possible, do I have any other options?
by IntlTravlr (guest)  

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/11 14:48
If you know when the seller is able to ship, you can have them send it to yourself c/o at the hotel you will be/are staying at?

The service you mention is not really "send to konbini" but you need to register with Kuroneko Yamato to arrange so that it will be kept at the konbini. That location needs to be affiliated with Kuroneko Yamato, and there is a limit on the number of days they will hold it for you, so you'd need to be careful with it.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/11 14:59
You can't send any letters/parcels to any conbini. Conbini refuse to accept it and the letters/parcels automatically send back to the sender.

There is a post office branch in Narita airport building on the 4th floor.
You can send letters/parcels to the branch office then pick up there.
Use JP post service such as Yu-Pack service.
DO NOT USE Kuroneko service or any courier services.

Here is the address in Japanese.

-----
〒282-8799
千葉県成田市御料牧場1-1 
成田国際空港 第1旅客ターミナルビル内4F

成田郵便局空港第1旅客ビル内分郵便局留め

"YOUR NAME"
-----

Note: Your sender need to write your telephone number when he/she sends the letters/parcels.

Note: The post office branch opens 8:30-20:00(Mon-Sun) only.

Note: You need your passport when you pick up things at the branch.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/11 19:56
Whether you can shop in the Rakuten is shipped to a convenience store, and is different depending on the policy of each store.
I think in order to obtain a more accurate response, it necessary to write the store name specific in the Rakuten market.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/11 20:12
Actually it depends on the seller's availability and size of the package.
Maximum size of "combini" delivery is total girth 170cm.
Then almost 100% of items at "Rakuten" are sold by each different seller.
TBH, I recommend find that same item what you want to get at any other place, include Amazon.co.jp to receive it exactly while you are stayed in Japan...
by Daeisuke rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/15 05:40
Thanks for your replies everyone. I actually won't be staying in Japan this time around -- I'm just passing through Narita for a few hours. I guess this won't work out as cleanly as I hoped. I'll just pay the extra to ship it internationally.

Thanks for your insights.
by IntlTravlr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/15 05:41
Actually... tokyo friend 48 mentioned the Post Office idea. I didn't examine it close enough. That might work!!
by IntlTravlr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to combini? 2014/4/15 07:11
There is no post office after clearing customs.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread