Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/12 19:55
I am arriving in Japan on April 19 and am looking to hire pocket wifi for 21 days.

I first went to Global Advanced Comm as it seemed highly recommended in this forum however it is unavailable until April 22.

Can anyone else recommend an inexpensive, good option?

Or should I just rent one at the airport counters?
by stefanie31  

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/13 10:36
This question seems to be asked at least once a day...just read the other threads for advice!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/13 16:10
I have read through - the majority recommend GAP which is sold out.

I am thinking I won't hire pocket wi fi as most of my hotels have 'wired internet'. I am just wondering, do they supply the cord? can I use this cable to connect to an iphone?

Thanks
by stefanie31 rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/13 16:16
you cannot connect a RJ45 cable to an iPhone. I suggest you purchase a travel wifi router.
by ed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/14 03:03
The other recommended pocket wifi supplier is PuPuru.
http://www.pupuru.com/en/service/emobile/

Have you tried them to see if they have any available for your dates?
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/14 13:42
I am just wondering, do they supply the cord? can I use this cable to connect to an iphone?

Pocket wifi work without cords. They connect to the cell network and then broadcast a local wifi hotspot that wireless devices (such as an iphone) can connect to. Depending on the service, between 5-10 people can connect to a pocket wifi at once.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/14 21:39
Thank you everyone for your help - I was unable to find availability on PuPuRu but I think I will just try and order to find out! If not, getting a wifi router might be my back up option and I will just download maps onto my phone to use offline.
by stefanie31 rate this post as useful

Re: Pocket Wi Fi 2014/4/16 12:06
You can also try Japan Wireless (japan-wireless.com)

I rented their pocket wi-fi LTE model last August and it was very efficient! I used in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto on trains, amusement parks, stores,etc and always had service.

Japan Wireless uses the same network and devices that GAC uses.
by Lizzie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread