Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Green Card/Spouse Visa 2014/4/27 06:28
Hi all,

I just wanted to make sure on the spouse visa. I know after it is accepted, my wife from JP will legally be able to live in the U.S. and will get the green card immediately.

However, I was wondering if I can just apply for a green card instead of the spouse visa, or if the spouse visa is required no matter what after I married her in the U.S. and she went back to JP?
by hbglico88  

Re: Green Card/Spouse Visa 2014/4/27 22:12
I don't quite understand your questions.

The first part is asking about what will happen to your Japanese wife's status when you go the the States, so I believe this is not the most knowledgeable forum to ask about that question. That's US immigration question.

The second question (your second paragraph) - are you asking about you (the US national) applying for "spouse etc. of Japanese national" status for you to live in Japan?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Green Card/Spouse Visa 2014/4/28 01:35
Call the congressional representative for your voting district. They have staff that help to deal with immigration issues. It is the best way to get help and answers, because calling CSIS for answers is a joke.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Green Card/Spouse Visa 2014/4/28 01:38
Sorry, it is UCIS, can never remember
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Green Card/Spouse Visa 2014/4/29 15:22
I think you're a little confused about the Spouse Visa thing.

If your Japanese wife is planning to live in the states, she'll need to apply for one.

If you're planning to live in Japan, you'll have to apply for a spouse visa in Japan.

They're both seperate visas.
by felguard rate this post as useful

reply to this thread