Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to rent a Television set in Tokyo 2014/4/27 23:32
Hello,
I have rent an apartment in Ikebukuro for about ten days; there is a WI-fi connection (but no laptop available) and **NO Television set**.

I would like to rent a TV set.
Is that possible?
Thanks for your help

avoagadro

by avoagadro  

Re: How to rent a Television set in Tokyo 2014/5/1 20:14
I've never heard of a TV set to rent, and is it really necessary for just 10 days? Hit up a 24 hour internet place that has computers to use and youtube whatever you need.

Other option is to buy a TV new or used at a recycle shop then return it (I think you get like 30 days, but be careful, some are no returns for the used sets). That is a huge hassle though and requires some Japanese.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: How to rent a Television set in Tokyo 2014/5/2 17:39
There are rental shops but they tend to be very expensive as they usually cater to corporations that use them for short term events etc.

I would suggest you visit the discount store Don Quijote in Ikebukuro and they will probably have some cheap portable DVD player with LDC and TV tuner in the 10000 yen range. (something like this http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bp-shop/sst-nc305-1/?s-id=Search_PC_1st_Orga... )

Then you can carry it back and even if the tuner doesnt work in your country you can still play DVDs (these are often region free).
by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread