Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 00:08
Could anyone pls tell meaning of price range menu
In sushi restaurant? As below
Assorted sushi
-shino, oribe
Kaiseki
-hagi, shigaraki, iga and bizen

Each with different prices range.
Thank you
by Scooby crew (guest)  

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 11:54
Most sushi restaurants don't sell pottery, so it's hard to figure out what you're asking. Or if, indeed, you're asking anything, rather than just typing random Japanese words.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 12:08
Thank you for your kind post.
I plan to dine in kyubey sushi restaurant and this is name of menu with each prices range.
by Scooby crew (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 12:21
Ah, okay - those are the rather fanciful names of the various prix-fixe menus offered by Kyubey then - they don't actually tell you what you get, so they can't be compared to other restaurants.

Generally Kyubey provides good value for money, in my experience.

Sushi restaurants come in all different price ranges, from Y100 per piece conveyor-belt restaurants to Y30,000 prix-fixe menus.

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 12:26
And in general, all those prix-fixe menus will be full meals. The more expensive menus might have more deluxe ingredients, and the kaiseki menus will probably have a few more non-sushi courses along with your sushi.

I've been quite happy getting the least expensive, or the second-least-expensive, menu at Kyubey - it's still a very deluxe meal. But if you don't mind spending more, feel free to splurge - some friends of mine recently ordered one of the top-price menus there and they were very impressed with the quality.

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 14:13
You are looking at this menu, right?
http://www.kyubey.jp/menu_e.html

Note that "Chirashi" (in the gray box to the upper left of "SHINO" and "ORIBE") is a whole bowl of rice topped with different seafood - please google with "chirashizushi" for images.

"Assorted sushi" is the individual "sushi" as usually know overseas, as shown in the small photo at the top.

"Sushi kaiseki" is, as noted by the earlier poster, a full course.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 16:43
Thk you for all kind post
Yes, I am looking for the exclusive dinner at kyubey Keio plaza shinjuku.
Promptly change from mizutani, here no need to reservation.
Can't wait to try omakase set dinner here.
by Scooby crew (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Meaning of sushi menu 2014/4/29 18:05
I hear that that's one of Kyubey's best branches (and it's the one my friends went to). I'm sure you'll have a great meal!

reply to this thread