Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tourist get pocket wifi with yearly plan 2014/5/12 17:33
Hi,

I am a tourist here in Japan. would like to know hiw to get the pocket wifi with yearly plan.

Your kind of help is highly appreciated.
by nelson ng (guest)  

Re: tourist get pocket wifi with yearly plan 2014/5/12 18:59
The only place I've ever seen offering longterm rental plans for pocket wifi is www.letinternetjp.com. They allow you to rent longterm for a minimum of 120 days, but they don't seem to offer discounted rates if you rent it for a year.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tourist get pocket wifi with yearly plan 2014/5/12 20:43
You're planning on being a tourist for a full year?!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tourist get pocket wifi with yearly plan 2014/5/13 19:32
Big electronics department stores (like Yodobashi) have a mobile phone corner/floor where you can find some pocket wifi. From what I remember if you take it for one year you don't have to pay for the device. Price is around 3000-3500 yen/month.
by meneldal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tourist get pocket wifi with yearly plan 2014/5/14 11:13
I am a tourist here in Japan. would like to know hiw to get the pocket wifi with yearly plan.

I'm not sure there are any companies with such offerings since tourists generally can't stay in Japan for a year. At that point you are really looking at a long term contract which may only be available to residents.

Eitherway, you're not going to get much cheaper than the service that Umechan linked to (although it looks like it has a 90 day max rental period). Also consider getting a b-moblile pocket wifi which you can get for similarly cheap with indefinite service length.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread