Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

LTE vs 3G and Other Considerations 2014/6/6 16:53
I've checked so many MiFi rental websites out and have some questions..

My considerations are..

My destinations :
Around Kanto (mostly city explore n visit rural place 1/2, but I think Kanto will be covered with all devices even in trains, right? Or no?)
Nagoya (around Sakae and Railway Museum)
Hokkaido (Furano, Biei, around Sapporo, and around Hokadote)

In the nights I always spare my time to watch videos in Instagram/Youtube/Dailymotion/etc or just chat on LINE with friends..

In my dailytrips I always spare my time to keep in touch with my family / just online social medias..

The MiFi will be connected with 2/3 devices.. Iphone 5, Iphone 5S, and maybe Iphone 3.. The user are 2 people.

I will use MiFi around 16 days.

Price (of course)..

Still dunno about my hostel has a WiFi or not.. I think no..

My questions are :

Which one is better? LTE or 3G that will more stable and wide range?

In japan-wireless(dot)com, the fourth device is kinda attraching me, it says more wide range. I don't know about my destinations in Hokkaido, are that a "rural" place or will it be fine if I choose the first / second device? If Hokkaido covered by the first / second one, maybe I will choose one of them because its more cheaper than the fourth one.

Should I choose the third device, it use LTE but the usage is semi-unlimited (10GB and will downspeed), will it be okay until my 16th day?

I've seen Pupuru, eConnect, GAC, Refone, CDJapan, etc (alomost 20 websites already lol), and it makes me more confuse to choose one.. And so far, I think Japan-wireless is one of best place to choose based on our needs..

I also noticed some websites rents same device, so I don't really mind about which rental I will use, I more concern about which device I will use based on my needs with reasonable price.

If anyone have a recommeded one, please do tell me ^^
by Je (guest)  

Re: LTE vs 3G and Other Considerations 2014/6/9 16:40
Which one is better? LTE or 3G that will more stable and wide range?

LTE is generally better and faster, plus when you are out of LTE range it falls back to 3G. Depending on where you rent from it may also be cheaper.

In japan-wireless(dot)com, the fourth device is kinda attraching me, it says more wide range. I don't know about my destinations in Hokkaido, are that a "rural" place or will it be fine if I choose the first / second device? If Hokkaido covered by the first / second one, maybe I will choose one of them because its more cheaper than the fourth one.

I've used and can recommend the 3rd offering. But other outlets offer it cheaper. Try pupuru. I can't say what the coverage will be like in Hokkaido, but I think au might be a little better.

Should I choose the third device, it use LTE but the usage is semi-unlimited (10GB and will downspeed), will it be okay until my 16th day?

10gb is a lot of data. We split that among 5 people and I don't think we came close to the cap.

I've seen Pupuru, eConnect, GAC, Refone, CDJapan, etc (alomost 20 websites already lol), and it makes me more confuse to choose one.. And so far, I think Japan-wireless is one of best place to choose based on our needs..

I'd recommend either Pupuru or GAC. Prices are good, and more importantly, they are established companies with lots of recommendations on the forums. Personally I haven't heard much about Japan-wireless yet, they only seemed to pop up a year or two ago on the forum.

I also noticed some websites rents same device, so I don't really mind about which rental I will use, I more concern about which device I will use based on my needs with reasonable price.

They all are offering the same few devices, i.e. Emobile mainly, plus docomo and sometimes au. The same device will have the same coverage between companies.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: LTE vs 3G and Other Considerations 2014/6/9 19:29
Finally answered.. :"

Thanks, yllwsmrf.. I think I will picking Pupuru.. :D
by Je (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: LTE vs 3G and Other Considerations 2014/6/9 19:30
*pick
by Je (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread