Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Casual Language and Slang 2014/6/14 06:30
I am learning Japanese since 1 1/2 years, and am already pretty familiar with the polite language, it's the easiest part of all.

But, when I talk with my friends from Japan, they always talk casual. I have problems to understand how to use some elements of the casual speech and slang. Also shortened sentences and so on.

Are there any Textbooks, Audio files, Internet pages etc. who teach the described Language elements?

I couldn't find anything so far, so I would be very thankful if someone can recommend me one!
by umizoomi  

Re: Casual Language and Slang 2014/6/14 21:47
if you understand Japanese TV dramas, TV entertainment shows or movies, you are sufficient. they speak casual Japanese. you can learn some dirty words from TV entertainment shows.
about slang, I think it is not necessary to learn slang. slang is not for young persons, for childish or uneducated persons.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread