Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/14 17:34
Hey guys,

I am in my 20s, I am going to Japan with my Japanese boyfriends in September. We will be spending most of the time with his family while we are in Japan.

I am very slim but i got big boobs, and I usually wear tight clothes and short shorts so I am just wondering if I would be looked down on or have people stare at me more than usual? And if that is something i should be worrying about?

Ive been in Japan before but only in winter time so I know i will get looks anyway as I am foreigner and I am not looking for more attention but considering its summer and hot, I can't imagine wearing anything with long sleeves or long pants.

by Zigzag (guest)  

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/14 19:07
I think it really depends on the preference of the people who look at you as well as how you personally look in your clothes.

I knew a German girl who looked very modest in her ordinary T-shirt and her mom didn't like it because it was "too tight."

I think that most people wouldn't care to look at you (except that very short shorts aren't exactly "in" at the moment", but to be on the safe side, you may want to bring along some loose clothes to wear when going out with his parents.

Get some advise from your boyfriend, too.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/15 22:18
Well, rule number one is and will always be, wear what makes you comfortable.

It really depends on his parents, aslong as they're not of the old-old-fashioned type,you'll probably be fine.

And just on a sidenote,there's a whole lot of girls wearing tight shirts and/or short skirts or pants. Nearly all of them I see out on the streets, mostly the younger ones ofcourse, wear more or less 'sexy-outfits'.

Maybe just the are I live but thats just my impression.
by Riki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/15 22:56
As a Japanese person, I do not recommend you wear tight clothes around your boyfriend's family at all, especially around his mother. It is definitely safer not to wear anything that could emphasize your "female-ness" if you want the family to have good impression of you.

If you ask your bf the same question (or maybe you already have), I believe your bf would say "Don't worry, my family wouldn't care at all", but trust me on this. Men know nothing what is going on in their mothers heads when their daughter in law or their son's gf is around.

Wear tight clothes when you are going out only with your bf.
by Experienced (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/16 02:34
Everyone makes an interesting point, but in my personal opinion, donft do it. When youfre around him and your family itfs your call but when youfre around him and his family itfs their rule, even if he okay with it, at the end its all about respect.

Like others said, in Japanese these girls wear micro shorts and micro mini skirt, Ifm surprise their ass cheeks donft show. But because a lot of Asian girls donft have round booty they can get away with it unlike girls in the State or UK. Just donft wear a top that surprise tight where it looks like your breast is going to pop right out or anything tight.
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/16 03:00
If it's skin tight, I would say skip it around his family, but things like loose tank tops or t-shirts should be fine. For shorts, you might also want to buy something a little looser.
by Erina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/16 08:36
I'd recommend getting a thin wrap or scarf you can use to wrap around your shoulders/around your neck/in many different ways. That way you can still wear your usual clothes, but around family/certain situations can sorta "hide" the tightness of your shirt. And if it is thin summer weight material, it wont be too hot. A lot of girls use these to block the sun when outside, but these shawl type things are REALLY handy in summer!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/16 08:48
Thank you guys for your replay, everyone is making good points! I decided I will not wear anything too tight around his family but probably will wear whatever I like with my boyfriend. I really don't want to disrespect his family, it's just here in Australia it's very normal to example wear tiny shorts and a short top which shows your arms and belly and I think that might be too much for Japan. Hopefully September won't be even that got and humid:)
by iPhone (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/16 08:49
Btw I'm iPhone :)
by Zigzag (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wearing tight clothes in Japan 2014/6/19 16:38
one vote for Experienced
by florencegrif rate this post as useful

reply to this thread