Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Selling My Tent 2014/6/19 11:38
Hey everyone,

I'm at the end of my Asia trip and I'm planning to sell my tent in Tokyo to buy a hammock before I go to South America. Do you know how I can sell it online or are there outdoor shops that buy second hand tents etc? It's slightly used and in a very good condition.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to carry the tent with me to South America or ship it home.

Thank you,

Can
by Can (guest)  

Re: Selling My Tent 2014/6/19 16:41
OFF-HOUSE buys your tent.
http://www.hardoff.co.jp/shop_off.htm

You need to present you ID card which printed your full name and physical address in Japan. This is the local regulation managed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government if you want to sell any items to second hand shops.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Selling My Tent 2014/6/19 17:11
It will be difficult to sell at second-hand shops if you are not a resident. Even if you are able to sell it, don't expect much. They only pay pennies on the dollar. Maybe look into craigslist instead?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Selling My Tent 2014/6/19 19:32
Thank you for your answers. I didn't know Craigslist was that active in Japan. I put it on there and it's gone already. :)

Thank you so much,

Can
by Can (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling My Tent 2014/6/20 09:08
Keep the tent..

you never know...
by peter saunders (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling My Tent 2014/6/20 10:53
Wow, I'm amazed how fast you were able to sell it.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread