Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 10:55
Hi there,

I just found out about this 1gb 14 days visitor sim and wanna buy one, but I'm scheduled to arrive Tokyo on thursday morning.
As I'm couchsurfing, it is not advisable that I obtain my host's address, so if I order it to be delivered to the airport, will it make it in time to arrive at the airport post office by thursday (10th) morning?
Or is there any store in tokyo that sells this kind of sim card?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
by mark (guest)  

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 11:44
Hi There

Yodobashi Camera sells these sim cards. 1GB of data or 30 days whatever comes first. They are located e.g. Akihabara, Ueno and Shibuya all just next to the station.
by JapAHV rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 12:26
visitor bmobile prepaid are pre-activate, you can use it straight after setting up the APN on your own unlock phone.

those at yodobashi/bic camera 1GB for 30 days you will have to do activation yourself using local/japanese register mobile phone.

If you do not have the local mobile phone, then you'll have to pay extra 2,8++ yen (by creditcard) to bmobile for activation.

Or else you are lucky enough, borrow a friend phone or ask nicely at yodobashi/bic camera staff to activate it using their phone, which I doubt.
by butto...be warn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 12:31
You'll have to check, but if I recall, the Yodobashi staff will activate the sim for you right at the shop and make sure everything is working before they send you on your way.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 18:09
I know that at least the Yodobashi at Akihabara also have English speaking staff - I'd be very surprised if they would not activate the sim card for you. This is a free call and you just have to type the sim card number , it takes less than 20 seconds - It can only be done from a Japanese cell phone.
by JapAHV rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 22:15
do you know that by activating someone bmobile simcard, you'll be responsible if anything bad happened using the SIM card.

which is why people reluctance to do the activation for stranger. your detail(from your mobile no.) will be register as 'owner' of the said bmobile card.

just be warn..
by butto..be warn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/7 23:19
I just found out about this 1gb 14 days visitor sim and wanna buy one, but I'm scheduled to arrive Tokyo on thursday morning.

You might want to check this one out:

Prepaid LTE SIM by So-net :

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/prepaid/en/index.html
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bmobile prepaid sim 2014/7/8 11:18
which is why people reluctance to do the activation for stranger.

There are plenty of rental services to choose from so this isn't really something to worry about.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread