Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to travel in Osaka 2014/7/12 02:27
Hi, I'm an exchange student in Hong Kong now. I am going to Osaka for 4D3N in three weeks' time for leisure. I'll be staying in Namba, and was also planning to visit Nara, Himeiji and hopefully Tokyo (if time permits). May I know which rail pass should I get? If I were to only stay in Osaka for my trip, should I get the seishun 18 kippu instead?

Also, I'm looking for a nano sim card that offers data plan for my iPhone 5s. Can I have recommendations on which pre-paid sim card to purchase/rent? I am not planning to make any calls or SMS, will only require internet connection.

Thank you in advance!
by Daphne (guest)  

Re: How to travel in Osaka 2014/7/12 08:49
A b-mobile visitor sim might be the easiest since it comes pre-activated and you don't need it for all that long:

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to travel in Osaka 2014/7/12 10:15
You aren't going to Kyoto? Given the very limited time you have, I would go to Nara, Kyoto and Himeji (check the status of the castle renovation work) at most. Even with this, you won't have much time in Osaka itself, though.

Seishun 18 Kippu is beneficial for people with plenty of time, who don't mind taking local/rapid train all night long and all day long to get to a place, so not suitable for you at all.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to travel in Osaka 2014/7/13 03:05
Hi Daphne,

for such a short stay, spending money on a pass would be a waste. buy tickets or use a prepaidcard like the pasmo/icoca (equivalent of the octopuscard)

as for internet, you can rent a pocketwifi at HK$60 a day. I've used vsondata several times now and can recommend them. I'm sure there are more places you can rent from locally (in HK)
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: How to travel in Osaka 2014/7/13 05:22
for such a short stay, spending money on a pass would be a waste.

The Kansai passes seem perfectly suitable to me.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread