Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/7 01:59
Hi All,

I am planning on climbing Mt. Fuji in a few weeks and would like to buy a walking stick to collect stamps along the way. I would like to ask if anyone is familiar with the dimensions of the walking stick (particularly the length)?
by Steven (guest)  

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/7 10:25
I don't recall the exact length, but they're around 1.5 meters and too long to fit into a suitcase. To get them home most people wrap them up in newspaper and check them as luggage.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/7 12:40
The stick is called "Kongo-Tsue" or "Kongo-Jo". The dimension is about 3cm, the length is between 135-150cm. The stick shape is octagon.
The price is 1000 Yen at 5th station, 1300 Yen at higher stations.
The branding irons cost you 200 Yen per print at Yamagoya-huts. You need to bring some 100 Yen coins separately for the payment as you want branding irons.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/7 23:31
If you don't require the full length walking stick, you can get a shorter one that should fit in most sizes of luggage and can still be branded. I think mine was 500 yen.
by Amyranth (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/7 23:59
I got mine in 1969

It measures 59 1/2 inches now, I suspect it was 60" when new.

by peter saunders rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/8 13:04
Is it possible to transport the climbing stick as luggage on long international flights?
by MauroMS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Walking Stick Dimensions 2014/8/8 19:08
Yes, you can check it in as one of your luggage pieces.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread