Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I say...? 2014/8/7 19:42
I often miss the postman and would like to say, very politely,...

1. [on telephone] I received a delivery notice today. Could you re-deliver (+ time)?

2. [to the postman/delivery driver]. "I'm so sorry I missed you earlier, but thank you very much for re-delivering."
by Jan (guest)  

Re: How do I say...? 2014/8/7 22:51
There is a number to call, which is mentioned on the delivery notice. They ask you a lot of things when you call, though, including when it was that they tried to deliver, your phone number, your address, the ID number of the parcel/letter, the type of parcel/letter, and then the date & time you prefer.

Maybe you could try this?

https://trackings.post.japanpost.jp/delivery/deli/

Note that (3) "Please select delivery date" means the date when they attempted to deliver to you, but could not.

If you want to call, you could call the number and say:
- Sai-haitatsu wo onegai shimasu. (I would like to ask for re-delivery)
... and prepare to say at least the notice number and your preferred date/time over the phone.

- O-tesuu wo o-kake shimashita. Arigatou gozaimashita. (I have given you extra trouble. Thank you very much.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread