Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/8/28 20:29
If going to Japan for 10 days, which is better/cheaper/easier to use?
by thinktwice  

Re: Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/8/29 10:58
For basic calling, the costs are fairly identical. I'd probably recommend rental phones to most people since they don't require any set up.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/8/29 15:46
I recommend to rent a sim card.
Softbank sim card is very good but bit expensive.

If you use Whatsup, Skype or Line to call,
Data sim card is better.

this is cheap rental sim card service
http://rental.cdjapan.co.jp/index_en_jpy_10.html
by JIN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/8/29 17:45
I also recommend renting from one of the rental companies. If your purpose is call to landline and internet I recommend pupuru, I have been used them for long time and they have a special discount for set package of Mifi and mobile. It is worth checking.
by cena (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/8/29 19:52
Thank you for your answers. I'm mainly interested in sending whatsapps/line and checking the internet, and maybe making a few calls. In that case, which is cheaper/more convenient?
by thinktwice rate this post as useful

Re: Rentafone or Softbank's sim card renting? 2014/9/1 09:55
In that case you'll either need voice+data, or go data-only and use an internet phone service like skype to handle your calls.

Rental phone is almost always more convenient, but assuming you already have an unlocked smartphone, the data-only route is probably cheaper.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread