Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/13 13:23
My son is a Japanese-Filipino Child now 20 years-old, fourth year in college in Cebu City, Philippines. His application for Japanese citizenship was already approved by the Ministry of Justice in Japan and received it last May 2014 from the Japanese Embassy in Cebu City, and the Japanese Embassy has already forwarded my son's application for koseki registration to City hall of Hamamatsu. Can we get the koseki tohon of my son by mail since we can not go to Japan and get it personally since he need it to process for my son's Japanese passport? Can I possibly authorize (through Power of Attorney) my son's father's best friend to get my son's koseki since my son's father allegedly died June 12, 2014 if in case we can not get his koseki tohon by mail? The embassy told us that it would take two to three months to complete the koseki process until the registration of my son's koseki in his father's city hall, and it is now more than three months since the embassy forwarded the application for koseki tohon of my son. So the embassy told us to follow-up soon in Japan if it is already available in the City Hall. If only his father did not die, he would have to be the one to get my son's koseki himself. Please help us. Thank you very much.I am waiting for your reply.
by Daisy Cesarine M. Casinillo (guest)  

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/14 07:49
If you are a frequent Japanese writer/reader, you can order a copy of koseki by mail.
You need to send an application whose Koseki-tohon you want, and, the purpose to use it etc with return envelop which return address is clearly printed you want to send it back.
The fee of Koseki-tohon is 450 Yen per copy. You can pay this by "International Postal Money Order" sold at PhlPost.
https://www.phlpost.gov.ph/page.php?id=13
You need to enclose a return envelop(120mm*235mm or larger) which your address is printed. This can be paid by enclosing some "International Reply Coupons" sold at PhlPost(enclose 2 or 3 coupons).
https://www.phlpost.gov.ph/page.php?id=29

Download the application form and fill it.
http://www.city.hamamatsu.shizuoka.jp/siminkj/sinsei/certificate/docum...
(Request gŒËБS•”EŒÂlŽ–€Ø–¾‘h)

Enclose the son's ID copy(Full name and Date of Birth is printed), return envelop(with return address is printed)

Enclose International money order(worth 450 Yen per copy).

Enclose International Reply Coupons(3 coupons).

Send it to one of Hamamatsu ward office.
http://www.city.hamamatsu.shizuoka.jp/hamaeng/contact/contact_2.html#k...
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/14 12:41
Thank you so much. You are very helpful. I will do the procedure you mentioned and will follow the links. Thank you so very much. Keep sake.
by Ceasaricesar rate this post as useful

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/14 13:03
Send me a direct message by clicking my name(Tokyo friend 48) if you are unsure about the procedure.

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/24 18:09
Hello. I have the same question but for a different city. I would like to know if it's possible to request my son's koseki tohon in kariya city, aichi through mail. Thank you.
by chichan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/24 22:39
Yes it is possible to do if you are a frequent Japanese reader and writer or someone in Japan who can do this process instead of you legally.

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/24 23:43
Thank you so much for the reply. Another question, i saw in your previous reply a website for hamamatsu city, Is there a website for kariya city as well where i can fill up a form and get a copy of it through mail? Thank you again,,
by chichan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/25 15:07

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/29 20:25
Could I possibly ask a friend to get the koseki and give him an authorization letter to get the koseki in my son's behalf?

The option you first taught us will no longer work because the IRC or the International Reply coupon and the International money order is no longer working here in the Philippines.
Thank you again so much for your help and concern. More power.
by Ceasaricesar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/9/29 23:44
Your son needs to give a "Powers of Attorney"( give someone else the legal authority to look after your affairs) to the third person as a trustee. The trustee needs to bring his/her ID as to take a copy of Koseki(Kosekitohon).

Here is the Hamamatsu City form.
http://www.city.hamamatsu.shizuoka.jp/siminkj/faq/kurashi-tetsuzuki/ko...

Fill the form(Right side only, the Left side is a sample), then send it to the trustee.

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/10/1 15:16
thank you so much. You are of great help to me. Take care.

Re: How to get my son's koseki tohon? 2014/10/6 16:16
My son is a first timer in Japan when in case he will soon go there as he is now a Japanese. Can I go with him to guide and what kind of Visa can I possibly get?
Can I possibly get a residence Visa so that I can live and work with my son?

reply to this thread