Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/18 14:39
Hello my friends,

Unfortunately, I broke my Smartphone, which was pretty new one. A good Sony Xperia UL from AU provider bought it from them one year ago.

I went up to fix it, unfortunately the phone wasn't on insurance or anything. Few days later they call me up to confirm the repair costs, they smashed me my ear with a 25000 yen (around 250 US$). I was baffled; I thought it was too much so I cancelled my request.

Now, my Smartphone is just there sitting in a corner somewhere at home. I want to fix it, but 25000 yen seems too much for me.

Is there any repair shops that could fix it for a cheaper price here in Japan (specifically in Osaka)?

My phone's screen is cracked in the lower half and thus it needs to be replaced. Otherwise the phone still works just fine.

Another question is, do you guys know if there are any second hand shops that sell good second hand phones? Or even cheaper brand new older Smartphones?

Thank you so much for any help and tips guys.

Greetings to you from Osaka.
by Valfar  

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/18 19:05
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/18 20:02
Doesn't sound too bad a quote. Even if you repair yourself assuming the LCD panel is ok, a new screen and digitiser would be 15-20k yen alone.
by Mr Shippy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/18 23:05
Thank you a bunch guys.

Do you know the address of this shop:
http://worldmobile.jp/au.php

I skimmed through the site but couldn't find the location??!!!

And I think I'd better buy a decent second hand smartphone than repairing mine for that big money.

by Valfar rate this post as useful

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/19 00:00
Listed there: http://worldmobile.jp/company.php

Also look at the top right on the page...

Here is Umeda:
http://worldmobile.jp/umeda.php
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/19 15:49
Thank you so much Asahana.

On a side note, I have an old still working Samsung galaxy S2, plus that Sony Xperia UL (broken screen). Would I be able to sell them for a decent price? Can I sell them to any second hand shop? Or there are other specialized shops for this?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers.
by Valfar rate this post as useful

Re: I broke the screen of my smartphone badly 2014/9/26 20:03
ebay yo!

Pretty much all your needs can be solved with ebay one way or another. Sometimes you get lucky & find screens on there which you will need to replace yourself, and then for that there is always YouTube! Yep with these two sites you should be able to fix that there phone without feeling your got royally screwed in some way.
by AWFordJr rate this post as useful

reply to this thread