Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renting a smart phone 2014/10/3 00:17
I was going to take my tablet with me and use Skype, but recently my tablet met with an unfortunate accident so that it is not coming with me. So now I am considering renting a smart phone, but I have a few questions.

If you rent a smart phone, are the apps already included or can you add your own apps, such as Skype, Tripadvisor Tokyo, and Gurunavi, to help me get around in Tokyo?

Do I have to select options such as voice and data, or are they already included with a smart phone rental?

Can I upload videos and photos from the smart phones to various websites?

Thank you in advance for your information.
by Friendlybill  

Re: Renting a smart phone 2014/10/4 11:09
If you rent a smart phone, are the apps already included or can you add your own apps, such as Skype, Tripadvisor Tokyo, and Gurunavi, to help me get around in Tokyo?

The smartphones usually come with a standard "clean" install but you are free to use your own account to install apps on it.

Do I have to select options such as voice and data, or are they already included with a smart phone rental?

Data is usually included. Voice is pay as you go.

Can I upload videos and photos from the smart phones to various websites?

Yes
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread