Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booklet for Translated Catholic Mass 2014/10/24 16:01
Hi, does anyone know a website where one can buy a booklet to follow a Catholic mass celebrated in the Japanese language? I'm specifically looking for one in the Japanese language but with the English and Latin translations as well.

But if it had just English translations (without the Latin), then that would be fine, too.

Thanks guys!
by suikojay  

Re: Booklet for Translated Catholic Mass 2014/10/25 10:09
Not sure about a website (hopefully someone else can help with that), but I once purchased a Mass booklet with parallel translations from a church bookshop. It's gone missing so I can't say much more about it - if memory serves it had at least Japanese and English (the older, inaccurate ICEL translation unfortunately), though I can't recall if it also had Latin.

Might be a good idea to pop by a local Catholic bookshop to see if they have it in stock. St. Ignatius in Tokyo has a bookshop, and so does Kawaramachi Cathedral in Kyoto; other large churches will probably have bookshops nearby as well.

I do recall reading about a recent initiative by Una Voce Japan to republish a Latin-Japanese booklet missal. That one's for the Traditional Latin Mass though, which probably makes it less useful for those attending the typical Japanese-language Novus Ordo Mass.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Booklet for Translated Catholic Mass 2014/10/25 10:17
Incidentally, if you do decide to enquire at Catholic bookshops in Japan about the type of booklet you're searching for - I suppose it can't hurt to gently and politely ask if they have something that also contains Latin in it (as you seem to be interested in one that also includes that language).

They might not have one but it's nice to drop a subtle hint that there's demand out there for such a booklet. I'd certainly love to see books containing the Church's timeless universal language more widely available!
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

reply to this thread