Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanto area pass 2014/11/3 20:39
I will be going to Aquamarine Fukushima near izumi, and I will be getting a kanto area pass, I know the pass does not cover the area, but will cover upto otsuko on the JR joban line or the Limited express super hitachi.

If I use the same journey can I just pay the extra which is 320 yen for the JR joban line or 1590 yen for the limited express when I get off, or can I make the payment during my reservation at the time when I purchased the kanto area pass.

I know that the jr east pass and jr pass will work, but it will not pay off.

thanks
by kms899  

Re: Kanto area pass 2014/11/4 06:53
If I use the same journey can I just pay the extra which is 320 yen for the JR joban line or 1590 yen for the limited express when I get off, or can I make the payment during my reservation at the time when I purchased the kanto area pass.

You can buy it at the time when purchasing the pass. In particular, if you travel by reserved seat on the limited express train, you will have to buy it in advance. If you travel by non-reserved train or local train, you could also pay the supplement at Izumi Station.

I don't see how you get the 1590 yen supplement for the limited express supplement. Depending on the day, train and seat, I think it could be from as little as 1070 yen to a bit over 2000 yen.

Also, the seat system/fees on these limited trains changes from March 14, 2015.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kanto area pass 2014/11/4 07:16
Thanks for the reply, the price and detail are from hyperdia, either it's wrong or i've taken the details from the wrong location, i've been going through hyperdia and internet for many hours everyday working out my 8 days iterary for june, all the prices are just estimate, and are subject to change.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread