Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/12 11:23
hi,

i was planning to visit arashiyama/kyoto in this nov long weekend. as expected i couldn't find accommodation even one month in advance as it was a long weekend coming in fall peak season.
however i managed to find a place in Hikone. I am a single female traveler and not very sure if booking a place in hikone is worth it. i understand that by JR it will take an hour of commute from Hikone to Kyoto, some 1000+yen. i have booked stay for 2 nights and i would be travelling from Tokyo.
please suggest if it is a good idea to go ahead with my plan to stay at hikone and see kyoto. if yes how should i plan my travel?
by Jay (guest)  

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/12 13:00
The following page might come in handy:

http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0029.html
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/12 13:00
Hikone is a really lovely town. The castle gardens are awesome, and the main shopping street is very nice. It is also very pleasant being on Lake Biwa.

You can catch the shinkansen from Maibara which makes it to Kyoto in 20 minutes, though you'd only do that if you had a JR pass, otherwise the normal train would be cheaper.

The other option is to stay at Otsu which is on the other side of the lake. It is 10 minutes from Kyoto by train, costing about 700 yen. Otsu is quite nice, though I liked Hikone better.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/12 19:30
thanks thats really helpful.. will do some more research based on the suggested location.
by Jay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/12 19:40
The particular bras and Lingerie nice next time you store for under apparel, stumbled upon a go shopping that brings the shape you should appearance and very really feel your ideal.
by lingerie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/13 04:26
no problem. We stayed at the Prince Hotel there which is very special. It was pretty cheap compared to Kyoto hotels, but I think it was cheaper because we stayed 5 nights. It is a little out of the way and you need to take a shuttle to the train, but the views over the lake are really nice.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/13 07:59
if it is a good idea to go ahead with my plan to stay at hikone and see kyoto.

I think Kyoto is the best traveling destination in Japan and autumn foliage season is the best season in Kyoto. Therefore, it is of course worth visiting, even if you must travel each day.

I was an Osakan and many Osakan go to Kyoto to see autumn foliage. From south part of Osaka, it will take 2 hours one way to Kyoto. Hikone is 50 min from Kyoto, but it should be nearer than the south of Osaka. One good thing is many train cars start from Hikone and you can easily get a seat.

Enjoy your trip!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/14 18:10
thank you everyone for your help. I liked he otsu option but thats also booked as of now. Since i have a Hikone reservation, going to go ahead with it as the travel seems feasible to and from Kyoto. thanks a lot again for the guidance.
by Jayashree (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at hikone to visit kyoto 2014/11/18 15:39
I am working in hotels in Hikone.
If you are staying in Hikone, there are also attractions of Nagahama Castle a little north from Hikone.
It is about 10 minutes by train.
If you have any questions, please contact with me.
by yoshiromori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread