Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Obtaining points cards 2014/12/23 16:24
I'm currently visiting Japan and one of the major things I've noticed is the abundance of store points cards, everytime I visit a store and I'm asked if I have one.

Most of the time I just say ii-eh, which I presume is the correct way to say I don't. However only Kotobukiya has actually ever offered me a points card (and that's only because they knew I was a foreigner and spoke in English).

I was wondering whether I need a permanent address to get a point card for Animate, Gamers or even normal convience stores? And how would I ask for one?
by Fatso666  

Re: Obtaining points cards 2014/12/23 17:11
I was wondering whether I need a permanent address to get a point card for Animate, Gamers or even normal convience stores?

Depends on the type of point card. Those that are just points only don't require residency. However the ones that can store cash (like 7-11's nanaco card) may require residency.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Obtaining points cards 2014/12/23 18:14
Kotobukiya's point card(officially the member's card) doesn't require to write your personal details include physical address in JP. Every time you buy 500 Yen, you will get one point at Kotobukiya. When you have collected 15 points, you will get a 500 Yen worth coupon which you can spend at Kotobukiya. As far as I remember, Tsukumo, Lammtarra, Monkey Video in Akihabara doesn't require to write your personal details, they will automatically issue the card, thus once you have lost, you will never re-issue it.

Yodobashi, Bic Camera and Matusmoto-kiyoshi require to write your personal details and the most of supermarket cards when you want their point card. And they will collect your data, who is buying what items at stores etc.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread