Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vanilla Visa cards 2015/1/5 11:32
Hello everyone
Long story short, I live in Japan (permanent resident status) and never managed to secure a credit card. Failed many times, low pay did not help.
Few days ago, I saw Vanilla VISA cards at my local Seven Eleven store; it seems great for online shopping on foreign websites. I wanted to know if some people on Japan-Guide managed to use Vanilla VISA cards with a PayPal account (meaning charging my PayPal account with money from the Vanilla cards).

I already contacted PayPal to know about this possibility but their answer was: we are not sure if could work. They advised me to try to...

Thank you for your help.
by Vega (guest)  

Re: Vanilla VISA cards 2015/1/5 21:46
This is a Visa-branded prepaid card, and there is a limit to how much you can load on it. But for small amount purchases, it should come in handy for online payment.

I have read "success" stories on the Internet, so I would say you can only try. Apparently, once you have your PayPal account set up, you would register the 16-digit number of the Vanilla Visa card under "credit card" (which it is not) in your profile.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread