Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Manga/Internet cafe 2015/1/17 06:36
Hello,

Does someone have experience as a tourist with the big chain 'cybercafes'? Ones like Kaikatsu club etc. require membership cards so is it even possible for a tourist to stay in one as I'd expect an address to be required for registration.

I have one or two instances in my itinerary where staying in a internet cafe would be reasonable because I'd need to just kill a few hours during the night and take the first train in the morning to the next destination.
by Nightpack (guest)  

Re: Manga/Internet cafe 2015/1/17 10:09
I've used Popeye Media Cafe in Osaka and got a membership card as a tourist. Their shop in Tokyo didn't even ask for the card.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Manga/Internet cafe 2015/1/17 10:57
If you use a manga cafe in Tokyo for internet use, you need to present your ID(eg, passport).
This regulation applies to all manga/internet cafes in Tokyo to those users who want to use PC or internet at the cafe by Tokyo Metropolitan Govt law.
If you only use manga section, you don't need to present your ID. Thus, you can't use internet section.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread