Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dying to know how to make this dressing 2015/1/21 23:48
Hello there! Hopefully someone on this forum can help me!! I am 3 months pregnant and every SINGLE day I crave a dressing that our local Japanese steakhouse has. The sushi chef makes this salad using baby greens, avocado and sashimi style tuna sprinkled with sesame seeds. The dressing is in two separate squeeze bottles before he mixes it with the greens. One bottle looks like just an oil and the second one has this light golden/tan watery dressing in it. The dressing tastes very sour and has either lemon, lime or orange pulp in it. It isn't sweet at all and isn't Miso. Its very sour and citrus-ey. I am dying to get the recipe but the chef won't give it to me HAHA I even told him I would pay him $100 for it!! Someone please help me figure out this dressing!!!!
by Heather Ruk (guest)  

Re: Dying to know how to make this dressing 2015/1/22 09:21
try googling "Japanese steakhouse salad dressing", you'll find a ton of recipes.

by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dying to know how to make this dressing 2015/1/22 14:52
--the second one has this light golden/tan watery dressing in it. The dressing tastes very sour and has either lemon, lime or orange pulp in it.

The second one might be Ponzu, vinegar and Yuzu (one of Japanese citrus fruits).
You can buy a small "Ponzu dressing" bottle at the grocery store if it tastes similar to what you had.
by Chococo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread