Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with my 16 days itineraries 2015/1/28 13:03
Hi

Hi,

This is our first trip to Japan and I have drafted out the following itineraries. Am not sure if our itineraries are too packed or too empty. We are travelling with 2 kids so we would prefer a more relaxing trip. Am running out of idea on our last day. Any recommendation before we head to airport?

We would want to include hiroshima if possible but am not sure if a day trip is too packed so we've excluded that out.

Can someone help? TIA!

Day 1 Reach Osaka 21.20, proceed to Hotel

Day 2 Nara Park, Osaka Castle

Day 3 Umeda, Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori

Day 4 Universal Studio

Day 5 Kobe-Explore by Kobe Loop Bus or Walk

Day 6 Kyoto-Explore by Kyoto City Bus.

1)Take bus “ì5 to Fushimi Inari Shrine.

2) Back to Kyoto Station and take Bus 100 or 206 to Kiymizudera3) Take bus 207 to Shjio Takakura. Takakura Dori walk inward will reach Nishiki Market

Day 7 Check out Hotel and arrange luggage courier to Tokyo. Take morning train to Kanazawa. Visit Omi-Chio Market, Hida Kokubunji Temple

Day 8 Kanazawa to Shirakawago by bus

Day 9 Kanazawa to Nagano. Take morning 10.00 train. Drop by Zenko Ji Temple (Walking distrance from station). Proceed to Yudanaka Onsen

Day 10 Snow Monkey trial in the morning. Take train to Tokyo afternoon 4pm.

Day 11 Disneyland

Day 12 Disyneysea

Day 13 Asakusa Temple, Kappabashi Street , Akihabara

Day 14 Shibuya/Harajuku/Shinjuku/Odaiba-Kaihinkoen

Day 15 Tokyo - Yokohama(Cup Noodle Museum, Chinatown, Yamashita Park, Kamakura)

Day 16 No plan - Any suggestion ?
(Flt home at 20.50)
by lsharon  

Re: Help with my 16 days itineraries 2015/1/29 01:06
Day 6: Unless you have other places to visit prior to Fushimi Inari, I would suggest taking the train instead of the bus. Itfs only two stops from Kyoto Station.

Day 7: Hida Kokubunji is all the way in Takayama. You can still go there by train but the shortest trip would still take about 2hrs, 20 minutes each way. Omicho Market can be explored within 1.5-2 hours, but if you plan on eating there (highly recommended) youfre looking at about spending 2.5-3 hours. Unless you absolutely have to go to Takayama, I would say stay in Kanazawa and explore Kenrokuen. Itfs well worth a visit. Therefs a 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art nearby as well. Some of the exhibitions are free. Kanazawafs loop buses make it easy to hit a couple of sightseeing spots in one day.

Day 15: This day is too packed. Kamakura deserves half a day itself. Since you have two kids and youfre already planning to go to Kyoto, Ifd suggest to skip Kamakura. You will have seen more than enough shrines and temples by the time youfre done with Kyoto. The kids will like the Cup Noodle Museum and if the weather is nice, Yamashita Park is a good place to sit and relax after exploring Chinatown. If you still have some time, you can take them to see the Cosmic Clock at Minato Mirai.

Day 16: Where are you staying in Tokyo? You can explore the neighborhood that youfre staying in. If not, Sky Tree might be a good idea if the weather permits. Ueno Park is nice if the kids like pandas since therefs a zoo inside.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread