Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass, Suica IC, Hakone Pass 2015/2/2 14:46
HI, my husband and I are going to Japan for a 12-day trip. I am not sure if we should get the 7 or 14 days JR pass,Suica card and the Hakone freedom pass. Here is my itinerary in Feb to Mar 2015. We want to save time on travelling between destinations and cost effective.

What will be the fastest way to travel from Hakone to Kyoto? Depart from Odawara station with bullet train (Shinkansen)?

23 Feb - Arrive Narita Airport,stay in Tokyo
24-26 Feb - Stay and travel around in Tokyo
27 Feb - Travel from Tokyo to Hakone for 2 nights
1 Mar - Travel from Hakone area to Kyoto, stay there for 5 nights.
5 Mar - one day return trip from Kyoto to Hiroshima
6 Mar - travel from Kyoto to Osaka and leave Japan at Kansai airport.

Thank you very much!
by JJ2015  

Re: JR Pass, Suica IC, Hakone Pass 2015/2/2 16:21
I am not sure if we should get the 7 or 14 days JR pass,Suica card and the Hakone freedom pass. Here is my itinerary in Feb to Mar 2015. We want to save time on travelling between destinations and cost effective.
You can get the Kansai Hiroshima Pass for 2-6 March, then I think you won't need the 7/14 day JR pass and Suica IC for Tokyo.

If you're staying near Shinjuku, take the Odakyu Romance train from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto using the Hakone Free Pass (From Shinjuku Station).

If you're staying near Tokyo/Shinagawa, it is slightly faster to take to the a Shinkasen to Odawara to take the Hakone Tozan Rail to Hakone-Yumoto but costly without the JR pass.

What will be the fastest way to travel from Hakone to Kyoto? Depart from Odawara station with bullet train (Shinkansen)?
Yes.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass, Suica IC, Hakone Pass 2015/2/2 16:29
I meant to say use the Suica IC for Tokyo.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass, Suica IC, Hakone Pass 2015/2/2 18:43
Thank you for your reply!
by JJ2015 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread