Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka (9D8N) with easy wheelchair access 2015/2/2 15:25
Hi. I'm going to Japan in end of March to visit my brother who is studying in Beppu. We decided to meet up at Osaka. My grandmother is joining us and she has difficulties in walking long distance. Most of the time she will be in wheelchair. My parents will be around too.

My current plan is:
day 1: Osaka Castle, History Museum
day 2: Namba
day 3: Osaka Aquarium
day 4: Kyoto: Fushimi Inari Shrine and Tofukuji Temple
day 5: Kyoto: Kiyomizu Temple, Kodaijo, Gion, Nishiki Market
day 6: Himeji Temple

I'm still unsure where else to go. When I decided to go 9 days, actually I planned to go Fukuoka and Beppu as well. However, it seems very expensive for the train and accommodation. Also, 9 days seems too cramped for everything.

Do you have any suggestion for places that I can go to? Also, is any destination for my current plan inaccessible for wheelchair?

Thank you!
by laluna08  

Re: Osaka (9D8N) with easy wheelchair access 2015/2/2 18:18
I'm in a wheelchair and as far as I know Himeji castle is not possible. The garden around it is as well difficult with a wheelchair.

I've been to Fushimi Inari it has many steps, but even the first few Toriis are very beautiful!
by marklad rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka (9D8N) with easy wheelchair access 2015/2/2 21:29
Thank you!
by laluna08 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread