Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/10 02:23
I know this question has been asked around but I need advise in deciding between the two.

On the date I selected, ANA is S$100 more than JAL. It departs on 6am and reaches Narita on 2pm, flying on 787-8. JAL departs on 1am and reaches Haneda on 9:30am, flying on 763-300.

Now, I often heard that ANA offers better service and meal but many bad review on the seat comfortability. JAL seems to be improving and the flight time is better (sleep during the flight and reaches early), but it's using older plane.

I welcome any thoughts or experience on which flight is better. Thanks!
by Moccy  

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/10 09:06
I've flown once with both ANA and JAL between Europe and Japan, and like all other major carriers, I've found them to be pretty much equivalent in terms of service. In your situation, I would definitely go with JAL since it's cheaper, has in-flight wifi (which I personally enjoy, not being a movie person at all), and makes you eligible for the best discounts on JAL domestic flights (ANA's discounted domestic flights, on the other hand, are available to everyone).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/10 09:15
I would fly JAL as well. I fly JAL from America to Narita and back and within Japan. I will try ANA domestically in March just because I want to fly the 787-9 and JAL doesn't fly any 787 domestically or to my city in America. I find the service to be much better than the US carriers and they have much better on-time performance.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/10 10:17
If your ANA flight is a dreamliner, take it.

I prefer it to whatever plane SIA is using between SG and JP. Service is better to.

JAL has long been doing worse financially over ANA, mainly due to their "flight experience".

If however, you are in Japan for a vacation and want to maximise your time, arriving in the day is better than the afternoon.

That said, I have taken the 2pm flight you stated. There was little queuing to do. I left the airport, and was queuing to get my JR Pass before 2:30pm. Talk about fast!
(I had check in luggage too!)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/10 12:32
Thank you, everyone, for the opinion.
I finally book for JAL, a day earlier as the schedule I was looking is no longer on favorable price. I'll try ANA or SIA on the upcoming trip :)

Surprisingly, JAL has the best price for the direct flight, considering it's only a month away. I tried Scoot and Air Asia (perhaps non-promo fare), both resulted in higher fare, without checked baggage and seat selection.

Hope the flight won't disappoint.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/20 01:49
I had taken SQ, ANA n JAL to Japan.. would still choose Japanese airlines over SQ in terms of authenticity in service and overall experience. JAL can be a little cheaper than ANA. Both are good. But I must really salute the punctuality that JAL shows! Even with just 20mins prior to boarding, my flights always got to take off on time! Kudos to the crew and the majority of Japanese passengers!
by Beeeee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA or JAL from Singapore 2015/2/20 02:00
*20mins to board prior to take off
by Beeeee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread