Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama and Kanazawa 2015/2/12 07:16
We are looking at arriving at Takayama at around 2pm, staying for 2 nights.
Was hoping to do a short trip to Kanazawa the day after we arrive at Takayama, am wondering if this is at all possible to cover Takayama and Kanazawa over this period. Leaving Takayama around mid morning for Nagoya.

Thank you for any feedbacks.
by JB (guest)  

Re: Takayama and Kanazawa 2015/2/12 09:07
Not an ideal plan IMHO.
Arriving 2 pm in Takayama means you will miss the morning markets, so wander through them the next morning.
I would then take a Nohi bus to Shirakawago, and then onto Kanazawa for a night
And view Kanazawa the next day.
Not sure if that is possible with your other plans.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama and Kanazawa 2015/2/12 09:19
not to disagree, but I wouldn't change my plans too much for morning markets. It is just chinese rubbish being sold for the most part, with some nice fruit and veggies. It is nice being up and about at that time, but I'd barely cross the street to go to the morning markets, let alone plan my day around them.

I'd be open to the thought I have been there on bad days, or bad times of year. Or maybe I just hate shopping, which is pretty true.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama and Kanazawa 2015/2/12 10:05
I agree on the morning market. Takayama is good for strolling about that you could do the first day when you arrive.

Shirakawago is nice to look at but is lacking activity wise. Considering that you have about two days for two cities, abeit Takayama and Kanazawa isn't that big, you shouldn't include Shirakawago.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Kanazawa has so much to offer 2015/2/12 12:23
Depending on your interests of course - but I love Kanazawa and have been 3 times. The Kenrokuen gardens, Kanazawa Castle, Nagamachi, teahouse area and the 21st century museum. Easy to get around and so much variety in one city. Recommend you don't cut it short! But alas, when we are time poor its always a matter of compromise and choices .....
by Broulee rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama and Kanazawa 2015/2/12 18:16
I actually totally agree with the comments about the morning markets: but if you have to go to Takayama and tick the boxes, the markets constitute a box to tick....
But IMHO Ifd not even bother going to Takayama, and spend 2 nights and 3 days in Kanazawa , with one of those days as a day trip to Shirakawago....
Ifm sorry, but I would spend 2-3 nights in Kanazawa and forget Takayama...
Just my opinion
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread