Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel Tokyo - Kiso Valley - Kyoto 2015/2/14 01:57
Hi. We are travelling to Japan in April. What would be a logistically sound itinerary to leave Tokyo by train on Sunday afternoon, lodge near Magome, in the morning hike Magome to Tsumago, and in the afternoon or evening travel by train to Kyoto? Is this even possible with just one overnight? Thanks.
by ChasVa  

Re: Travel Tokyo - Kiso Valley - Kyoto 2015/2/14 10:08
Yes, that is no problem, at all, especially if you start your days early. I once even visited the Kiso Valley (including the walk between Tsumago and Magome) in a day trip from Tokyo - and included Matsumoto Castle as well. Needless to say, I traveled at a fast pace. But if you have two days to do the trip, a particularly fast pace is not required.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Tokyo - Kiso Valley - Kyoto 2015/2/14 16:27
I reckon that would be ideal. There isnt that much to do, so getting in to Magome in the afternoon would be fine. You could probably squeeze in the Matsumoto castle if you leave early enough. It is really interesting - allow about an hour and I wouldnt bother with the museum next to it unless you can read kanji.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread