Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary for second time in Japan 2015/2/17 07:12
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about going back to Japan for the 2nd time, for 2 weeks during March (11-25).

On my first trip I've been to Tokyo, Nikko, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima.
So this time I want to skip Tokyo altogether and if possible see more of Japan's nature and country-life. I would definitely like to go to some onsens, as I somehow missed that that first tiem around.
I will end my trip in Osaka and Nara.
So I'm looking for ideas of where to go at that time of year. Was thinking about Hokkaido, but it will still be very cold.
Is Okinawa worth the trip? (airfare is no big deal as I am an airline staff).

Any ideas and personal recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if someone out there wants to join in on the trip, let me know!

Thank you!
by eatain  

Re: Itinerary for second time in Japan 2015/2/17 13:05
Okinawa is beautiful at any time of the year, and if you don't like the cold, it's definitely worth a visit... although depending on the person, the ocean might be too cold for any activities. I've gone during a time where swimming was still too cold for me and still enjoyed the trip, but if that's a big thing, then check ocean temperatures and decide for yourself. The Yaeyama Islands are a particular recommendation for mine.

Gunma/Nagano/Niigata has a lot of beautiful onsen and nature. In March there will be snow and it will still be cold, but you can see some beautiful snowy landscapes, and plum blossoms.

Or how about the Kanazawa area? Takayama and Shirakawa-go are popular with tourists, and if you spend some extra time in that area, I'd also recommend heading to Toyama to see the Hotaru Ika, which usually are visible from around that time.

And while you're in Osaka/Nara, I'd visit Ise as well.

Enjoy your trip!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread