Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is Umekobucha? 2004/12/15 23:40
Hello!

I'm wondering what is Umekobucha? I heard that it's a kind of powder. How can I use it for food?

Many greetings *Anja
by Anja  

... 2004/12/17 18:56
"ume kobu cha" is a kind of flavored green tea (thus "cha").
- "ume" = plum
- "kobu" = "konbu" (dried) seaweed used for seasoning
have been added to enhance the flavor of the tea. If you've got it in powder in small packet, pour the contents into a cup, pour hot water, stir to dissolve it... and see if you like the flavor. :)
by AK rate this post as useful

What is Umekobucha? 2004/12/17 19:33
It's my husband's favorite drink.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any green tea leaf content in it. Therefore it's caffein-free. Ume (pickled plums, in this case) and kobu (thick seaweed) are both good for your health. It's basically a drink, but you can also add it to your cooking to make it taste, if you want.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Whoops 2004/12/18 10:52
Sorry, Uco-san is right, it does not contain any green tea; the word "cha" is in there to indicate it is a drink I guess. It contains "ume" (pickled plum) extract - also from the plant leave that is pickled together with the plum - and seaweed extract. It does taste good!
by AK rate this post as useful

Umekobu-cha 2006/12/14 05:33
Can I buy this delicious tea online?
Thank you,
by Susan Devine rate this post as useful

umekobucha! 2007/10/9 19:34
I have been trying to find it online for ages!
by Nick rate this post as useful

Japanese Market Sells Ume Konbu Cha 2008/1/6 09:00
Hi,
I sell Ume Konbu Cha at my online Sushi and Japanese Market.
http://sushiandjapanesemarket.com
You are Welcome to Stop in Anytime1
Thanks!
Georgia "Sakura"
Sushi and Japanese Market
by GeorgiaSakura rate this post as useful

reply to this thread