Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan 17 nights Intinerary - Please check 2015/3/2 18:35
Hello, we are a family of 5 people from Melbourne, Australia (2 adults, 3 teenage children 17, 17 and 11 yrs old).

Please check our itinerary and let me know if I am trying to fit in too much!

We are all fit and healthy, but travelling can be exhausting. All accommodation is booked, we have 14 day JR Rail passes.

5 nights in TOKYO: We are staying in Ikebukuro,not far from the station.
Day 1 - Narita to Ikebukuro, explore Shinjuku, maybe Tokyo Gov Bldg.
Day 2 - Studio Ghibli (tickets already bought), Tokyo Imperial Gardens, Akihabara.
Day 3 - Western Tokyo - Harajuku, Takeshita Dori, Omotesando, Shibuya, Shinjuku.
Day 4 - Kaminari Gate, Sumida River Cruise, Hama Rikyu Garden, Odaiba Entertainment Island.
Day 5 - Ueno park, free time.

Day 6 - travel to Takayama, arrive about 2pm. Sightseeing.

Day 7 - Sightseeing, leave Takayama about 4.30pm, travel to Kyoto.

3 Days in KYOTO:
Day 8 - Southern Higashima Walk (from Japan Guide).
Day 9 - Nothern Higashima Walk including Philosophers Path, then over to the Fushimi Inari (Red Gates).
Day 10 - Arashiyama Half Day - Temple, Bamboo Groves, Monkey Park.

2 nights in WAKAYAMA CITY:
Day 11 - Travel south to Wakayama (we tried to book into Koyasan but it's too expensive). Sightseeing one day around Wakayama city.
Day 12 - Day trip to Mt Koyasan and then back to Wakayama city for our hotel.

Day 13 - Early Train to Hiroshima, then on to Miyajima island. Stay the night at Miyajima Island.

Day 14 - Mt Misen Ropeway in the morning. Leave the island 3.30pm. Catch train back to Tokyo.

4 nights at TOKYO DISNEYLAND.
Day 15 - 17: Tokyo disneyland.

Thank you. I appreciate all your help and expertise.
by Florence in Melbourne (guest)  

Re: Japan 17 nights Intinerary - Please check 2015/3/2 20:08
Well, since your accommodations are already booked, even if we did have some advice, are you able to change it?

First, do you really need 4 days to do Tokyo Disney Land/Sea? Most people do two, spending one day at TDL and the other at TDS. They aren't that big of parks, and can definitely be done in one day each. If you're big Disney fans and want to take it easy, then by all means; but otherwise, I'd do some research to make sure you really want to spend that time. You could even do three days, one day in each park, then the third day with a park hopper pass and do half and half.

Also, I'd put Miyajima/Hiroshima before Wakayama. Hiroshima to Tokyo is a long train ride... sticking Wakayama after that will help to break it up.

And I don't see Osaka or Nara on there at all... at the least, head to Osaka for the nightlife.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread